Pages

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Season 1, Episode 14 - SIMPLY


It’s been quite some time since I’ve had good lasagna. Well, I certainly had the most heavenly lasagna last Saturday.

Birthday ni bespren Ichu the day before at nag-decide ang C7 na magsalo-salo to celebrate her birthday as well as news of her pregnancy. My man Ish suggested that we have lunch in Simply J’s Café and probably watch a movie after.


Simply J’s Café is located in N. Escario St., just across Cebu Parklane Hotel. Hanapin mo lang yung white house na may home décor display store and the restaurant is at the back. Ang family ng husband ni Rah-Rah, na sister ni Ish, ang may-ari ng resto at shop. Gets?


Well, the restaurant itself is actually inside the home décor shop. Designed siya na parang Country Classics-slash-Premium Concepts yung vibe, like they want to project a feeling of coziness na parang nasa bahay ka lang kumakain. Rah-Rah gave me a full tour of the place and showed me na may function rooms din pala sila sa itaas which would be very ideal for business meetings and special occasions.

And while you’re waiting for your food to be served, you can also check on the many home decorations, furniture, and trinkets they have for sale.


You simply can’t miss the items they have for sale kase may price tags na nakasabit or stickers na nakadikit. Yung mga nakapaligid namin, for sale yan lahat. Pati dining table may sticker; I think Php30,000 yun.

Ito for sale.

Ito din for sale.

I think itong flower centerpiece, for sale din.

Ewan ko lang yung baso kung for sale din.

Itong birdcage na ‘to, sold na.

Para sa dalawang lovers na ‘to!

Habang naghintay sa orders namin, naglibot kami around the shop and look what we found?

Hindi si T but yung bear ang nakita namin.

With all the Christmas balls and decorations around, I think holiday yung theme ng shop nila ngayon.

At ‘eto na naman si T. Effort na effort sa pag-pose kahit na may background na construction sa kabilang kanto.

I forgot to take a picture of their menu pero affordable naman ang mga dishes nila.

And now, let’s move on to food. Ish and I ordered the lasagna.


Tignan mo nga naman yan. All I can say is, first dish I tried in this place at favorite ko na siya! It’s creamy, it’s yummy, and it’s meaty. It’s just sinfully delicious! It is definitely a must try!

Loi tried their pasta carbonara and she enjoyed it. Nakihati pa nga si T.

Ichu ordered their Chicken Stir Fry while Leen had a taste of their Chicken Teriyaki-something.

Nakikain na rin kami sa sobra na Lenggua ng sister ni Ish and, in fairness, masarap din siya.

Ako lang ang nag-order ng dessert and I had their fresh fruit panna cotta. Yummy!

Overall, love ko na ang cafe na ‘to. Simply J’s Café had me with their lasagna. Naka-help din sa dining experience ang homey atmosphere ng place, tapos quick din ang service nila. Not to be biased and all kase friend ko si Rah-Rah, I give the resto 5 out of 5 stars. Highly recommended! I can't wait sa next visit ko 'coz I'll be trying the baby back ribs!


Simply J's Cafe is open from Mondays to Saturdays from 10AM to 9PM.

In the meantime, kase hindi naming kayang umorder ng lahat nilang dishes, here are more pictures from their FB page.


Silent Adventurer out!

No comments: