Pages

Monday, September 20, 2010

Season 1, Episode 15 - DREAMS


8:11AM, Branch.

I was sleepy when I arrived in the office that morning. Ang usual na gawi, I closed the door to my room and started to turn on my PC. While waiting for the tools to pull up, I went over the pending items I left from the other day when I noticed na may umaaligid-aligid sa may see-through glass to my room. Akala ko si Ate L-Girl and her usual routine every morning na naka-smile at may sabay sabing, “Good morning, seeeer. Kuhaon nako imo tubeeg.”

Pero I gazed through and noticed that it was a different person. Si L pala. And she was smiling. Kumatok na rin finally sabay pasok.

"Good morning L," I greeted. "What can I do for you?"

"Nothing," she replied in a sing-song voice. "I just want to tell you that I dreamt about you last night."

I laughed as I continued with my paperwork. Natameme naman ako jan ha, I thought.

"I really don’t know how to react to that," I said. "Siguro depende sa kung ano ginawa natin. . ."

"No!" she reacted laughing. "It’s not what you think!"

She continued in here usual coño tone, "Well, in my dream, I was looking at watches. And for some weird reason, you suddenly appeared out of nowhere and we ended up looking at watches."

I was quiet for a few seconds, not knowing how to respond, and then said, "Uhmm, maybe we were time-conscious about something?"

"I dunno," she said while starting to leave my room. "Wala lang. I just wanted to tell you about it ‘coz it was weird that you were there."

Weird talaga, sabi ko sa sarili. Phew! And here I thought we did something perverted!

So I got curious and looked up online the possible meaning of the dream. According to the Dream Moods Dictionary, ‘to see a watch in your dream suggests you need to be more carefree or spontaneous.’ Baka too structured yung buhay ni L. Ewan ko lang kung bakit nandun ako. Maybe we both needed to be impulsive? Ewan!

And the dream talk didn’t just end there. When I finally set up my tools, nagutom ako and went to the pantry to have my morning serving of Cheese Rings. Yes, ganyan ako ka un-healthy sa umaga!

Teppy and Mommy-To-Be were already there.

"Hey guys, I just had the weirdest dream last night." Teppy declared while I was rummaging through what I could find in the refrigerator.

"Ano ba yan?" I said, standing up. "What’s with today and dreams? L just shared hers a while ago."

Mommy-To-Be shushed me and replied, "No, you have to listen to this ‘coz it’s funny."

Teppy smiled deliciously and started, "In my dream, I was part of the Oblation Run and I was running around naked."

I shuddered at the thought. "Ew, you didn’t have to tell me that."

"No, hear me out," he continued. "So I was running around naked. The funny thing was I was wearing my company ID pero ang nasa face was my UP school ID picture."

"Okay, where are you going with this?" I asked, mischievously.

"Wait muna, let me finish," he giggled and went on, "So I did the Oblation Run and was already on my way back to the classroom to change when suddenly, may lalake na tumapik sa likuran ko at sabay sabing, ‘Good job, bai!’"

And the conversation suddenly turned out interesting. I became intrigued, "Tapooooos, who was it?"

Teppy leaned in closer and chuckled, "Si Mr. Little Brother!!!"

"O-M-G!" I gasped leaving me with my mouth open. "Now, THAT’S a weird dream!"

"Ka-igat nimo Teppy uy!" I carried on, while munching on my Cheese Rings. "Maybe there's some subconscious psycho-babble explanation to it."

So I looked it up na rin yung possible significance ng dream ni Teppy and found out it has something to do with ‘feeling vulnerable and exposed like there’s a fear of being found out.’ So may tinatagong sikreto? Hmmm. . . May sikreto sila ni Mr. Little Brother? Ewan!

But then, there’s also the interpretation na the dreamer can ‘expect a stroke of money luck or an improvement of circumstance.’ So baka nanalo ng lotto at sinisikreto lang nya? Hay naku!

Silent Adventurer out!

No comments: